Reasons to Certify
There are many reasons to become certified with Sustainable Travel Ireland, here are some of the many benefits to certification.
Benefits to Certification
Our aim is to enable Sustainable Travel Ireland members and certified companies to promote their responsible tourism credentials and to help them to market themselves in a confident, professional and accurate way.
Training and independent auditing help companies to confidently communicate the steps they’ve taken towards sustainability. This allows them to show that they are operating responsibly and aren’t simply ‘green washing’.
In addition, Sustainable Travel Ireland’s ongoing marketing and promotional efforts are helping to push the responsible tourism agenda, highlighting the efforts of those companies that are actively engaged with it.
Sustainability is a hot topic and it’s only getting hotter. As customers become more discerning, both your B2B and B2C business will benefit from being ahead of the game. You will be able to communicate your Sustainable Travel Ireland certification label, which is not only internationally recognised, it’s also clear, transparent and audited.
This is a fundamentally feel-good journey, and one that requires the participation and support of your whole team. It gives your team ownership of, and pride in, what you are doing as a company.
Above all else, your business needs to sustain itself as a business. We will help you find solutions that are compatible with what you already have, in the best and most responsible way. Frequently, this is about planning for the future and pledging small changes and transitions.
It’s the Right Thing to Do
Developing a clear structure and greater understanding of responsible business practises is future proofing in the best possible way. We need a sustainable world, for a sustainable future.
It’s Not Complicated
One step at a time. This is not rocket science, but it will provide you with a game-changing set of tools to work with.
- Use of the Sustainable Travel Ireland Certified logo.
- Sustainable Travel Ireland certificate.
- Option to purchase a Sustainable Travel Ireland wall plaque.
- Presence on the Sustainable Travel Ireland website (name/logo/link and info).
- Subscription to the Sustainable Travel Ireland member-only newsletter.
- A feature in our public newsletter (recently certified businesses).
- Listing on Bookdifferent.com
- Promotion through Sustainable Travel Ireland social media pages.
- Being part of a community:
- Annual meet-up for certified businesses.
- Online forum (via membership).
- Discounted tickets to the annual Sustainable Travel Ireland conference.
- Member-to-member discounts. (We encourage our members to offer member-to-member benefits).
At Sustainable Travel Ireland, our certification is not-for-profit based. Only Sustainable Travel Ireland members can apply for certification.
Your onsite audit fee is included in your annual Certified membership fee. Details of membership can be found here.