The Ross is located in one of the most beautiful areas in the world. Protecting this amazing landscape and environment is extremely important to us at both The Killarney Park and The Ross Hotel.
In line with this we continually strive to improve our environment practices in a range of areas including energy, single use plastic and water usage. We also continue to develop a number of ecotourism experiences for our customers to enjoy.
THE FOLLOWING ARE ACTIONS ALREADY TAKEN BY US AND WE CONTINUE TO WORK TO MINIMIZE OUR FOOTPRING ON THE ENVIRONMENT
- Certified as Single Use Plastic Free by Green Hospitality Ireland.
- Miniature toiletry bottles have been replaced with larger luxury refillable dispensers. This action alone reduced our single use plastic by a whooping 100,000 bottles per annum.
- Compostable take-away cups.
- Metal or paper straws and stirrers.
- Water is bottled in glass, not plastic.
- We have a chilled, filtered water station at our front door.
- All bottled water, for drinking purposes, is filtered onsite and proceeds for water sales are donated annually to a local sustainable project.
- Guest amenities such as toothbrushes, earbuds, shower hats, vanity kits are either bamboo or a biodegradable material.
- Laundry bags, newspaper delivery bags and guest carrier bags are all a natural material such as linen or paper.
- No plastic bin liners are used and each guest room has a recycling bin.
- We are partnered with Clean The World who assist us in recycling all toiletry waste and used bars of soap.
- The Ross is powered by 100% Green Renewable Gas and Electricity, which is Carbon Neutral.
- Our cleaning products are supplied by Green Clean which means they are allergen and chemical free.
- Porsche designed electric car charging points for guest use are available at our sister hotel, The Killarney Park, just across the road.
- The entire hotel operates on LED lighting which saves many tonnes of CO2 energy.
- Cardboard packaging, glass, cans, used light bulbs and batteries are all recycle, we are committed to further reducing waste to landfill.
- Paper usage within the hotel is continually monitored in our efforts to reduce and reuse.
- We are proud members of Repak which is a not-for-profit packaging recycling scheme funded by contributors from over 3,000 member companies nationwide.
- Our team are active members of Killarney Tidy Towns, a voluntary community based group that works to keep our town clean, tidy and sustainable.
- The culinary team are committed to sourcing food from local producers and small artisan businesses in the locality.
- All Cigarette Waste is collected by an Irish Company – Nobutts.ie, which ensures that all plastic from used Cigarettes is Recycled.
The Green Sustainability Team at The Ross are always looking for ways to help reduce our carbon footprint and welcome any questions or suggestions you may have. You can learn more about The Ross and their sustainability initiatives here.