TOAST stands for Training & Online Auditing System for Tourism businesses. It is a powerful online self-learning and reporting tool. It enables companies to work towards sustainability and achieve certification using internationally recognised criteria for Accommodation Providers, Tour Operators and Ecotourism Businesses.
TOAST allows you to work through our certification criteria at your own pace and at a time that suits you. It also provides access to our world-class online training courses at no extra cost, and allows you to report your work, manage your green team and create branded sustainability reports.
TOAST is a member benefit included in your membership fee. Scroll down for more on how TOAST can help you on your sustainability journey.
Assessment & Reporting
TOAST is a one-stop-shop that provides:
- An online Sustainability Management System.
- A clear step-by-step progress path detailing each area that needs to be addressed in order to achieve certification.
- Downloadable resources to help you track, manage and reduce your energy, waste and water usage.
- Self-reporting tools and the facility to upload evidence of your work.
- A tool to manage your sustainability team and allocate tasks.
- A tool to produce branded sustainability reports and action plans.
- Access to 20+ free online courses to help with your sustainability journey. Each course assists you with an area you will need to report on to gain certification.
- Access to free Green Leader assessment and certificates.
Online Training Courses
- Unlimited access for you and your team to our 20+ online training courses for free via the learning section. These courses compliment the criteria and enable you to achieve your sustainability goals.
- A Green Leader assessment and certificate for you and your team members.
- Extra downloadable material from courses as required (such as excel templates, posters, tip guides).
- Our courses include:
- Introductory Guide to Creating a Sustainability Policy.
- Energy Management.
- Carbon Management.
- Waste Management.
- Water Management.
- Plastics Management.
- Food Waste Management.
- Responsible Marketing.
- Building A Procurement Policy.
- Customer Experience & Education.
- Community Support, Consideration & Stakeholder Engagement.
- Conservation – Biodiversity, Ecosystems, Wildlife & Landscapes.
How does it work?
- When you sign up for Sustainable Travel Ireland membership we will send you your TOAST login.
- You will then attend a New Member Call and get a guided tour of the system.
- Working your way through the training and designated criteria while uploading documents and details as you go.
- Support: If you get stuck, we are here to help and offer 3 hours free coaching. Further coaching is billed accordingly.
- As you fulfill the criteria you can submit your application for Intermediate Membership or audit for full certification.